Friday, October 27, 2006

Unusualities

Tupperware Design Contest: Now, this is pretty cool. I've searched for more official photos of the winner, but even at the main contest site, they have nothing new posted and the links don't work, and the Tupperware media room doesn't have any photos, either. Bummer. But here's a press release about last year's winner, who replicated a stained glass window. It's lovely, but all I can think is that, with the price of Tupperware being what it is, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a real stained glass window? Same goes for the wedding dress in the CNN story. Still, very cool.

On the other hand, I have long been of the opinion that if you can't afford something you want, then make it. You know how I'm impressed by people who knit scarves? Well, now I am really impressed.

No comments: