Monday, October 30, 2006

By the letters S and W

S is for scrapbooking

When I lived in Germany in 1991 and Prague in 1995, I kept scrapbooks, one in each place. They were pretty simple. This was shortly before the explosion of scrapbooking as a serious hobby (or perhaps, the re-explosion), and although I decorated the pages a bit, my focus really was on keeping a visual record of what I did while I was in those places, to supplement my journals, as opposed to making intricate layouts. And I'm glad I have them, because they do help me remember. Maybe one of these days I will post some pictures.

In the meantime, however, you can take a look at the scrapbooks of L.M. Montgomery, one of my two very favorite authors (the other is Madeleine L'Engle).

W is for work, writing and walls

Today I go back to work on a freelance writing job, so my entries may or may not be sporadic.

The office hit another snag this weekend, but one which I believe we solved. We primed the walls and still found that we could see the drywall tape through the walls and it looked awful. So we came up with a solution which I think is beautiful but which took us an extra day to implement. Pictures to come. Now we are on track to prime tonight, paint tomorrow and, I hope, lay the hardwood flooring over the next week, in pieces each evening after we are both finished work. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and encouragement!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have said neumerous times if you need help just call, I get off today at like 5:30

Anonymous said...

Thank you...actually, I just took a look at the walls and they're still only about half dry, so I guess we won't be priming them tonight. But we very well may need help on the flooring. Did I mention we got a new table saw?

Anonymous said...

I just love table saws!!!! And please dont hesitate to call!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the writing job, be back soon to see how the office is coming along. These things always seem to take longer than planned / hoped for.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the writing job, be back soon to see how the office is coming along. These things always seem to take longer than planned / hoped for.