Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sweet Autumn

Oh, I love, love, LOVE fall. I love the cooler weather and low humidity, I love Halloween, I love the clothes, I love it all. I'm not the biggest fan of either winter or summer, at least not here on the East Coast, but I do love fall, and spring runs a close second.

***

What a lovely set of illustrations this is:
The Ward-O-Matic: Janet La Salle's Better Living illustrations

***

Al and I started a drawing class yesterday, except that he wasn't able to make it, so I brought his assignments home for him. The class is based on Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards (which I've had for ten years but never actually used, hence the class. Sometimes we all need someone to stand over us while we work):



and taught by artist Barbara Hennig-Loomis of Small Canvas Studio (who did a very kind and informative job of standing over us and motivating us while talking in her soothing voice).

I have great faith that this class and book will improve my drawing skills dramatically -- and sometimes faith is the most important ingredient.

***

I ordered this sweatshirt for myself last week, along with this shirt (I would've ordered the heart design but I hadn't put them up yet), this journal and these postcards, and they arrived today. I am so excited! It is quite a rush to receive your own design in the mail. I just hope I don't send us to the poorhouse ordering my own products because I'm so tempted to go shopping again. Pictures to come.

***

Painting will be going slowly this week because I have a two-week freelance writing assignment that will be taking up a great deal of my time. But I do have a few finished items I have yet to post, as well as a few new things that will end up in Etsy, and I will keep you informed.

No comments: