Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Just Love These Things...

I think being tagged is a terrific compliment. It means that one person, at least, wants to know more about me, so every time I'm tagged, I feel the same thrill that I do when someone buys something from my shop. So many thanks to Sarah, thebeadedlily, for she has done both.

So here goes... this is actually two memes, one after the other, but I'm pretty sure she intended we taggees to answer them both, and since I find myself to be pretty fascinating (whooops, did I just say that out loud?), I will.

***

Meme #1:

The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. I hate going to bed and often stay up way too late, then feel like I'm behind all the next day, no matter how much I accomplished by staying up late.

2. I still believe I will visit every country in the world in my lifetime. I am so jealous of that couple in the "1,001 Places to See Before You Die" television show.

3. I still am not quite sure how to apply make-up so I stick mostly to mascara.

4. I have no concept of my own hair color. No matter how many times I color it, it just looks brown to me. If I bleached it blond, it would still look brown to me. Apparently right now, it's strawberry blond. Ish. But it looks brown to me.

5. I have a knack for accumulating free stuff.

6. I have flown about 570,000 miles in my lifetime (I'm 33), and I had flown about 500,000 miles before I developed a fear of flying. Now I clean the house from top to bottom before I fly anywhere, just in case.

7. My dream place to live would be in the mountains, overlooking the ocean. Then I could have them both.

***

Meme #2:

Two names you go by:
1. Al
2. Alisoni

Two things you’re wearing now (Oh, I should have changed before answering this one; I'm still wearing the clothes I threw on after scuba class tonight and they're not all that interesting):
1. Track pants
Two things you would want [or have] in a relationship (I do have them and know that I am so, so lucky):
1. Love
2. Friendship

Two favorite things to do?
1. Read
2. Draw

Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. Success with my artwork so I can pull my own weight around here and contribute to #2.

Two things you did yesterday:
2. Watched the Phillies win in my other favorite city. But I just want you to know that my baseball loyalties are in no way split, no matter how much I love Los Angeles.

Two things I ate yesterday:
1. Chik-Fil-A
2. Egg salad on a bagel

Two people you last talked to:
1. My husband
2. My scuba instructor

Two things you’re doing tomorrow:
1. Taking my written scuba test
2. Working on a map of Panama

Two favorite beverages:
1. Coffee
2. Red wines of various sorts

Two people no longer alive that you’d like to talk to:
1. My maternal grandmother
2. My paternal grandfather (for advice on betting the horses, natch)

***

Sarah also nominated me for the Kreative Blogger award, but I have tried uploading the image multiple times with no luck and I am way past my bedtime (See? And I actually have to take a test tomorrow) so I am going to have to give up on that. Check it out here.

My fellow taggees and awardees are... oh, no... here I go not following the rules again...

I'm tagging anyone who wants to be tagged. If you come read my blog, that means, yes, I want to know more about YOU. So please, take the memes, post your answers, and leave me a comment to let me know. Please, do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently been tagged by a couple of people and will probably post next week now. I too end up staying up far too late and then I'm quite useless until the afternoon. I tell my husband I'm still on Washington time!

Anonymous said...

I usually tell people I'm on California time, but that only covers three hours, so sometimes I use Hawaii!