Monday, October 20, 2008

Cherry-Picking, #5: The U.S. Constitution

Image downloaded from www.archives.gov

I carry a copy of the U.S. Constitution with me.

Not everywhere I go, but I keep it in my calendar, and I take that most places I go.

(I know. I am a complete and total nerd, and I am not ashamed, because I have come to realize over the past eight years just how important this document is. The Constitution, not my calendar, although my calendar is certainly important to me.)

I used to just carry the Bill of Rights, in my wallet, you know, just in case I ever needed that. It was a lark, really.

But then Al and I visited the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, and they have little pocket copies of the Constitution for grabs at the ticket counter (typed, not a copy of the original as seen above).

Why settle for a few rights when you can have them all?

The print is so small I can barely read it, and I don't really spend a lot of time reading it, to be honest, but I like having it with me. Just in case I need it.

No comments: