Friday, May 05, 2006

Something's Always Happening

So, workers have been here for the past two days and they're supposed to show up any minute to finish our aborted-DIY renovation of our bedroom upstairs.

Haven't been able to work on the computer much, since the bedroom and office are joined. So I give you this as my sort-of-daily artwork.

I have discovered that tearing airplane magazines apart and collaging them into my journal/sketchbook is a great way to keep myself entertained in flight (particularly since I haven't been absorbed by any books lately), and since I've had a lot of flights this year so far, I've done a lot of this. It's been great fun and has inspired some lovely creative binges (although I'm sure my seatmates thought I was nuts). I can't post most of them because they involve distinct photos/text that are surely copyrighted. But this one is generic enough, I think.

It was only after I finished it that I realized sitting in a jetliner at 40,000 feet is not the best place to be thinking about jumping out of a plane OR escaping.

No comments: