Tuesday, March 06, 2007

This, That and the Other

This dragon and this video are so cool. Via Paper Forest.

I would love to try it out myself, but, once again, the office is in disarray. I am rearranging the furniture. Again. How many ways can one rearrange furniture in a room that's only 9' by 9' and has one usable corner, you ask? As many times as necessary if one has a good sense of humor about the whole thing, I suppose. This time it's because I, sadly, must dispose of the cabinet I decoupaged with the sheet music for Beethoven's Ninth a few months ago. I'll be keeping the hutch portion in hopes of finding another use for it, but it seems that all that bleaching and sanding and painting I did to the base weren't enough to kill the mildew, just enough to hide it for a while. I've have to throw away a lot of the wood frames and miscellaneous things I had stored in there because they picked up the smell, which was just faint enough that it took me a while to notice it under the smell of fresh paint.

So I'm commandeering the bookcases that were in the kitchen and moving them into the office to store supplies and books. It makes sense, since most of my art books are out there, anyway. Now they can hang out in here with me, close at hand.

bookcase_2

And what I do love about moving bookcases around is that I get to go through all my random and obscure books again.

bookshelf_2

Inspiration flows thick around here on days like this, even if my work table is buried under everything that was in the cabinet.

book_shoes

Did I mention that I have some random and obscure books?

I'm still a bit disappointed, though.

And yet that disappointment may be somewhat alleviated this weekend, if we go ahead with our plan of purchasing a new desk (the corner portion only for now). So it all might be worth it in the long run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally adore your bookcase and your grand collection of books. I love reading to, and collecting strange books. Dunno how many quotes book I've got. Although now I have alot of pocketversions since I've been travelling alot and carry them with me.

Hmmm maybe you shoudl try out feng shui next time?

Anonymous said...

Aw! Shoe making... Do they make those books for high heels?

Anonymous said...

Crash, I totally found some feng shui books in the reorganization! Maybe I should read them. Hmmmm.

Downtown, I wish I could answer that, but I'm not sure how I even got this book. In fact, I am not sure I've ever actually opened it. But it looks pretty on the shelf.