Friday, March 09, 2007

More 80's Fashion

And if 80's stuff really is coming back, I can finally wear these earrings again:

cat_earrings004b

Of course, I'm finally getting to the age where I don't really care what other people think as much as I care what I think; I try to wear what makes me happy -- which doesn't mean I don't care about fashion at all -- I take what I want but don't let it boss me around. Which, in translation, actually means that I am preparing to embarrass my yet-to-be-born children when they are teenagers.

But even so, some things seem so outré once they've passed out of fashion, particularly when they were overdone, and that's-so-cute has a tendency to be way overdone. So I put these earrings in my jewelry graveyard box about halfway through high school. Yet, long after I had thrown out all the other 80's earrings (including, if I remember correctly, a matching hamburger and basket of fries), I kept these. Why? I think it's the colors. Or the expression on the cat's face.

Now, I think it's time for me to be the trendsetter. Unless, of course, someone else has already re-started the big-quirky-silly-earring trend, and I am just totally unaware, which would be absolutely fitting, since I was unaware in the 80's, too. If not, join me. Go ahead and pull your own silly earrings out of your own jewelry graveyard and wear them proudly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Alison,
If those earrings are from Best Wishes, we can go by (buy?) there when you visit.
love
mom