Monday, February 05, 2007

Dah-ling, I'm a writ-ah.

I discovered National Novel Writing Month on October 31 last year, and there was just no way it was going to happen for me in November. So I promised myself I would try writing a novel in one month, starting in a few months. I mean, really promised myself. Granted, I've been promising myself that for years now, but this time I meant it.

I started this morning. I have 24 days left in February (which really isn't even a month, it's a few weeks, but I have decided not to postpone it until March, because I've been postponing already too long).

I'm going to write every morning, starting in the wee hours, for two or three hours, before I stop for coffee and breakfast and get started on my other work.

I'm very excited.

In order to finish by February 28, I have to write 2083.3 words a day every day for the rest of the month, including weekends.

Today's word count: 2177.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some schedule, best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'll cheer you! Great descision!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, both. I'm a bit nervous, but I have great hope. And some relief, too, to have finally started.

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh good luck!

Anonymous said...

You're off to a great start! Best wishes to you - happy writing!