Thursday, April 23, 2009

They Make Me Want to Shout

Windows are exciting things around here. This morning, I walked in the studio and saw this:


Those curtains are ivory, not pink, although I'm not sure if they're naturally ivory or just really old. Anyway, I was all like, "Whoa! What giant humoungous massive pink thing is hovering outside my window and taking over the world? My loooooooord." *


I knew the flowers - I think they're azaleas, but I'm from the desert, what do I know? - were starting to bloom, but the past few days were sort of dress rehearsal. This morning, they jumped up and shouted.

And so I just wanted to thank them publicly for their hard work in making the world a better place. Thank you, flowers, thank you.


And if you ever come to my house and wonder why we let the bushes on our property get so overgrown and out of control, this photograph will be my answer.


* I never said "My lord" like that until I moved to the South. I don't think people here actually say that, but it just seems fitting. I have had people tell me, "Bless your heart," though. Which seemed so sweet and nice at the time.

3 comments:

SarahKelley said...

I don't know-- I let the odd 'my lord' out once in a blue moon:) My favorite Southernism is 'ya'll'. I annoy myself by using it when I talking to one person.8P

Fabulous pictures!

paintandink said...

I love "y'all," Sarah! I use it all the time - it doesn't even sound unusual to me anymore.

Tara said...

Too many southern phrases have moved into my speech. All of a sudden I'm saying "innit" instead of isn't it! Awful!

Love how bright those flowers are!