Friday, March 13, 2009

Illustration Friday: Legendary

Lands of Splendor, 5" x 7", ink and watercolor

I have subscribed to Illustration Friday for two or three years now, but this is my first submission. The topic is "legendary" - how could I not participate this time? (I'm still kicking myself for not participating in the "Tales and Legends" theme last January.)

In fact, I have so many maps and illustrations that fit this topic that I had a hard time deciding, but I finally settled on this one for two reasons: I am pretty sure I've never featured it on this blog, although it made a brief appearance during its creation, here, and I think it fits the topic in more ways than one.

Happy travels, and happy Friday the 13th (may it be a lucky day for you)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you had a hard job choosing so much of your work would have fitted in - this is perfect.

Jan Moulder said...

Hi Alison, I just love your work and your blog just as much fun! So I've passed on the KreativBlogger award to you. You can pick it up on my blog.

Delilah said...

Love the map

paintandink said...

Thank you so much, everyone!

Anonymous said...

What a great and colorful map!

Willie Baronet said...

Welcome to IF!!

paintandink said...

Thank you, Indigene and Rrramone!