Monday, November 03, 2008

I Hear Turkeys Wearing Sleigh Bells and Bearing Gifts

Well, I do have very strange and vivid dreams a lot of the time, but actually, that title is a roundabout way of saying:

Holiday shopping time is nearly here!

Actually, for some, it is already here and gone. My cousin has finished Christmas shopping for her kids, and wow, I am in awe.

But for those who have not finished, or even begun (um, like me), don't forget to check out Etsy for some incredible, marvelous, singular handmade items and vintage goodies.


I'm going to post a new widget on my sidebar to give you an easy way to sign up, but feel free to try out the link now (and I don't get anything from the referral but joy, because it's my opinion buying from craftspeople and artists like those on Etsy can improve the economy and change the world).

***



I invite you to visit an incredible website called Etsy (http://www.etsy.com). Etsy is an amazing online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. You'll find a creative community of independent artists and designers offering the very best in handmade goods, craft supplies and vintage. It's an excellent place to buy one of a kind items, to give as gifts or for yourself, directly from the artists, while forming personal connections with the people who create them. And even just the window-shopping is fantastic.



Signing up is free and easy. Just click here:



Enjoy! And while you're there, stop by my shop for a visit:

http://paintandink.etsy.com

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

No comments: